Position Description: Tax Accountant
As a result of growth, Tassi and Company seeks a Tax Accountant to join its team. The ideal candidate will be an
optimistic self-starter with a minimum of three years of tax experience (real estate industry a plus) and thrive in
a fast-paced, client-centered environment.
About Tassi and Company
Tassi and Company is a full-service public accounting and consulting firm helping real estate owners, developers,
managers, and investors maximize profit, control risk, and achieve growth. We partner with real estate
companies, institutional investors, and other private equity real estate owners, providing outsourced services
spanning complex accounting and financial management, property management and development accounting,
fund and partnership accounting, tax planning and compliance, and more. Currently, we support a group of
more than 20 investment funds with over $5 billion in real estate assets and counting. Our offices are situated in
Deer Park, IL with access to green space, walking paths, and several shopping and dining options. Office suites
are a mixture of single and double occupancy offices.
Tax Accountant will report to the Tax Manager and will have responsibility for:
- Preparing and analyzing tax returns, workpapers
- Assisting with quarterly and year-end tax planning activities and tax projections
- Interacting with clients regarding financials, taxes, etc.
- Preparing flow-through entity (partnership) tax returns
- Maintaining fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Conducting research on various tax- and finance-related projects
- Staying current on state and local tax policy and industry changes as they evolve
The ideal candidate will have…
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting
- A minimum of three years of public accounting experience (real estate taxation a plus)
- Licensed CPA or in process of completing CPA exam
- Experience working through a minimum of two tax/busy seasons
- Strong accounting and analytical skills, resourcefulness in solving problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word, especially)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and manage/meet deadlines
- A self-starter attitude, ability to work independently while maintaining ‘team’ mentality
- Strong communication and writing skills, confidence when interacting with clients
Competitive salary, annual bonus, healthcare and dental, 401(k) with match, unlimited PTO, hybrid work
environment, and more.