Position Description: Tax Accountant
TASSI and Company seeks a full-time Tax Accountant with a minimum of three years of experience to support its Tax Services team. Tax Accountant will be responsible for interfacing with clients on all aspects of tax accounting, including the preparation and review of federal and multi-state entity and individual returns. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter capable of achieving results independently while working well in a team environment. Tax Accountant reports to Tax Director.
- Tax workpaper preparation
- Prepare, review federal and multi-state pass through entity returns (mostly partnership) and individual returns
- Assist with quarterly and year-end tax projections
- Interact with clients regarding financials, taxes, etc.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Research projects; performing other client service duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of public accounting tax experience
- Licensed CPA or in process of completing the CPA exam
- Familiarity with real estate, construction and related industries preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Yardi and other real estate and data transfer software
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to achieve results independently, contribute to team environment
- Organized; self-starter; attentive to detail; works with speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Prioritizes confidentiality of firm and clients
About TASSI and Company
Tassi and Company is a growing public accounting firm specializing in outsourced accounting and tax services tailored to real estate development, investment, management and related activities. We serve institutional and other private equity real estate owners, including a group of 20 funds with over $2 billion in assets and growing. Our team of accounting and tax professionals leverages technical expertise and practical experience to provide a full suite of outsourced services including bookkeeping, property and fund accounting, upper level accounting and financial management, income tax advice, planning, compliance and general consulting services.
Flexible hours, competitive salary and complete benefits package available.