Position Description: Tax Accountant
As a result of growth, Tassi and Company seeks a Tax Accountant to join its team. The ideal candidate will be an optimistic self-starter with a minimum of three years of tax experience (real estate industry a plus) and thrive in a fast-paced, client-centered environment.
Competitive salary, annual bonus, unlimited PTO, 401(k) with match, healthcare/dental (employee premiums covered 100%), hybrid work option available.
About Tassi and Company
Tassi and Company is a full-service public accounting and consulting firm helping real estate owners, developers, managers, and investors maximize profit, control risk, and achieve growth. We partner with real estate companies, institutional investors, and other private equity real estate owners, providing outsourced services spanning complex accounting, financial management, property management and development accounting, fund and partnership accounting, auditing, and reporting, tax planning and compliance, and more. Currently, we support more than 20 investment funds with over $5 billion in multitype real estate assets, a portfolio that continues to see year-over-year growth. Our offices are situated in Deer Park, IL with access to green space, walking paths, and several shopping and dining options. Our office suite features single and double-occupancy offices, and our hybrid work option allows fully onboarded employees to split time between home and office.
Tax Accountant will report to the Tax Manager and will have responsibility for:
- Preparing and analyzing tax returns, workpapers
- Assisting with quarterly and year-end tax planning activities and tax projections
- Interacting with clients regarding financials, taxes, etc.
- Preparing flow-through entity (partnership) tax returns
- Maintaining fixed asset and depreciation schedules
- Conducting research on various tax- and finance-related projects
- Staying current on state and local tax policy and industry changes as they evolve
The ideal candidate will have…
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting
- A minimum of three years of public accounting experience (real estate taxation a plus)
- Licensed CPA or in process of completing CPA exam
- Experience working through a minimum of two tax/busy seasons
- Strong accounting and analytical skills, resourcefulness in solving problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word, especially)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and manage/meet deadlines
- A self-starter attitude, ability to work independently while maintaining ‘team’ mentality
- Strong communication and writing skills, confidence when interacting with clients