Position Description: Fund Accountant
TASSI and Company seeks a full-time Fund Accountant with 3-5 years of experience to support its Fund & Partnership team. Fund Accountant will participate in the coordination of workflow among multiple parties, including, fund sponsors, property managers, asset managers. auditors and members of TASSI’s internal Fund & Partnership team.
Ideal candidate must be a self-starter capable of achieving results independently while working well in a team environment. Fund Accountant reports to Fund Accounting Manager.
- Work with Fund & Partnership team to identify and resolve issues
- Collect and organize data received from fund sponsors and property managers
- Prepare monthly and annual consolidated financial reporting packages including the following formal fair value statements: Statement of Net Assets, Statement of Operations, Statement of Changes in Net Assets and Statement of Cash Flows in addition to client-specific Supplemental Schedules
- Understand technical concepts related to consolidations, consolidated and equity method investments, GAAP fair value accounting and related valuations
- Review prepared financials from property managers to understand property operations, identify and resolve issues
- Research and compile data for quarterly property status and performance summaries for asset manager
- Conduct annual financial audits; prepare and update footnotes
- Holding limited responsibilities related to property-level accounting
- Performing other client service duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience, prior client service responsibilities
- Familiarity with real estate, construction and related industries preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Yardi and other real estate and data transfer software
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to achieve results independently, contribute to team environment
- Organized; self-starter; attentive to detail; works with speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Prioritizes confidentiality of firm and clients
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
About TASSI and Company
Tassi and Company is a growing public accounting firm specializing in outsourced accounting and tax services tailored to real estate development, investment, management and related activities. We serve institutional and other private equity real estate owners, including a group of 20 funds with over $2 billion in assets and growing. Our team of accounting and tax professionals leverages technical expertise and practical experience to provide a full suite of outsourced services including bookkeeping, property and fund accounting, upper level accounting and financial management, income tax advice, planning, compliance and general consulting services.