Position Description: Property Management Accountant
TASSI and Company seeks a full-time Property Management Accountant with a minimum of three years of experience to support its Property Management & Development team. Property Management Accountant will participate in budgeting, monthly financial planning and reconciliation and work closely with clients and property managers to identify and resolve accounting issues. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter capable of achieving results independently while working well in a team environment. Property Management Accountant reports to Property Accounting Manager.
- Maintain monthly general ledger, perform account reconciliation analyses and month-end closings
- Compile monthly financial statements, monthly bank reconciliations
- Interact with clients regarding financials, taxes, etc.
- Perform annual CAM and real estate tax reconciliations
- Prepare annual budgets and input
- Maintain acquisition and sale journal entries, fixed asset and depreciation schedules, tenant leases
- Perform other client service duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience, prior client service responsibilities
- Familiarity with real estate, construction and related industries preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Yardi and other real estate and data transfer software
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to achieve results independently, contribute to team environment
- Organized; self-starter; attentive to detail; works with speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Prioritizes confidentiality of firm and clients
About TASSI and Company
Tassi and Company is a growing public accounting firm specializing in outsourced accounting and tax services tailored to real estate development, investment, management and related activities. We serve institutional and other private equity real estate owners, including a group of 20 funds with over $2 billion in assets and growing. Our team of accounting and tax professionals leverages technical expertise and practical experience to provide a full suite of outsourced services including bookkeeping, property and fund accounting, upper level accounting and financial management, income tax advice, planning, compliance and general consulting services.
Flexible hours, competitive salary and complete benefits package available.