Position Description: Property Accountant
As a result of growth, Tassi and Company seeks a Property Accountant to join its Property Accounting team. The ideal candidate will be an optimistic self-starter with 2-3 years of accounting experience (real estate/property accounting a plus) and thrive in a fast-paced, client-centered environment.
Competitive salary, annual bonus, unlimited PTO, 401(k) with match, healthcare/dental (employee premiums covered 100%), hybrid work option available
About Tassi and Company
Tassi and Company is a full-service public accounting and consulting firm helping real estate owners, developers, managers, and investors maximize profit, control risk, and achieve growth. We partner with real estate companies, institutional investors, and other private equity real estate owners, providing outsourced services spanning complex accounting, financial management, property management and development accounting, fund and partnership accounting, auditing, and reporting, tax planning and compliance, and more. Currently, we support more than 20 investment funds with over $5 billion in multitype real estate assets, a portfolio that continues to see year-over-year growth. Our offices are situated in Deer Park, IL with access to green space, walking paths, and several shopping and dining options. Our office suite features single and double-occupancy offices, and our hybrid work option allows fully onboarded employees to split time between home and office.
Property Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and will have responsibility for:
- Monthly ledger maintenance, account reconciliation analyses, and month-end closing processes
- Monthly compiled financial statements, bank reconciliations
- Annual CAM and real estate tax reconciliations
- Annual budget preparation and input
- Acquisition and sale journal entries
- Fixed asset and depreciation schedule maintenance
- Tenant lease maintenance
- Interaction with clients regarding financials, taxes, etc.
The ideal candidate will have…
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting
- A minimum of two years of experience, real estate accounting a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Yardi or other real estate accounting software experience preferred
- A self-starter attitude, ability to work independently while maintaining ‘team’ mentality
- Strong communication and writing skills, confidence when interacting with clients
- Ability to multitask, balance multiple responsibilities, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Natural curiosity about role; strong problem-solving skills